09 April 2011

House phone

For some reason, one of the most frustrating things in this whole renovation – besides not being finished yet – is our house phone. Yes, we still have one, mostly because I like to have a phone by the bed that’s not going to make noise all night with emails coming in.

A few weeks ago, they put a new phone jack in and, all of a sudden, our phone wasn’t working, but the internet was mostly working. So, we bought a new phone – the old one conveniently stopped working and I wanted 3 handsets, so we can have one in the basement, too -and Verizon came out and looked at our box and fixed something. Everything was working great and then for some reason, the phone stopped working again. We moved it around to different jacks and it just kept saying “no line”.

So, for some reason, as I was heading to bed last night and deciding whether to take my cell phone up with me, I decided to see what was going on with the phone. Turns out, it wasn’t plugged in the phone jack! Phew, check that off the list.

No comments: