11 October 2010

Columbus Day is a Real Holiday.

This morning, Regan, Jack, Jennifer (Jack’s mom) and I (Tim) stumbled upon what, I have to believe, is the only Columbus Day Celebration / Recognition event in the whole country.  The circle in front of Union Station is Columbus Circle and the statue there is a tribute to that “great navigator and explorer.”  There today, the Knights of Columbus were holding their 99th annual Columbus Day celebration.  There were a bunch of old dudes dressed up in cloaks and funny hats, but the highlight was “The Presidents Own” United States Marine Band.  We got there about 5 minutes before the start of this gallant event, and so we propped ourselves in the front row, because I know that Reagan loves marches (the musical genre that is).  I know this because a few weeks ago, Reagan, my Mom and I were driving to Kentucky to visit my dad and we put on my mom’s “Worlds Greatest Marches” CD and Reagan, without prompting, began to conduct an imaginary band.  Well today the band was right there.

Dancing is also something that comes natural to her.  It is almost like the music takes her body over and she can’t help but dance.

We can’t wait for next year when it is the 100th Columbus Day!

1 comment:

Emily Nohner said...

I don't see what the big deal is, that is me every Saturday night.


(kid kid, ADORABLE! What good luck to have a live band so close)