28 March 2010

Catching Up

We’ve had a busy past couple weeks that didn’t leave us much time or energy for posting, but here’s a quick rundown.

Two weeks ago, my mom, Mom-mom, sister Michelle, and her boyfriend Jared all came and stayed with us for the weekend. We saw the Terra Cotta Warriors at the National Geographic Museum, everyone but Reagan and me saw the First Lady dresses and Julia Child kitchen at the American History Museum, we went to the Basilica of the National Shrine for mass and heard a great sermon by the President of Catholic University, and had a fabulous brunch before sending everyone home.

IMG_0088 IMG_0093

IMG_0094

We had a quick visit from Tim, Kathy, Maggie, and Bailie that night, who took the long way from Philly back to Huron and had an awesome dinner of what was left of the home-made pasta and meatballs and sausage that my Mom-mom made.

Later that week, Tim took off for a long weekend of snowboarding in Park City, UT, so Reagan and I spent the weekend shopping. And thanks to our fabulous neighbors and babysitting coop, I was able to drop Reagan off on Sunday morning to make it to my first soccer game of the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We saw the "warriers" in Santa Barbara a few years ago.

You will never get closer to them than you were in DC. If you go to China to see them, you could only stand up in a viewing area and look down at them. Unless you are some famous dignitary, you would not be able to get close and walk among them.

Oh yes, I didn't forget. Today's my birthday!