09 November 2009

Missing: Sophie the Giraffe

Description: 7 inches tall, tan body with brown spots and brown hooves, shiny black eyes, RA written on the bottom of a foot.

Reagan and I were off to a great start today. While Tim went up to New York for the day, Reagan very kindly slept in until 8:30 this morning and woke up quite happy. Our friends were all busy today and it was beautiful out, so I decided we could run some errands at Union Station, grab some lunch, and take a walk towards the White House to get our White House Christmas ornament for this year.

We had a great start to the day, with a bath and nap for Reagan. She and I started out for Union Station to go to the post office and get a watch battery changed – the post office was fine, but the watch is actually broken.

The day changed from there. Reagan was happily sleeping in her stroller, so we walked towards Gallery Place to find some lunch for me. It was warm out, but there was a bit of wind, so we had a blanket, but it kept falling off and I think that is what contributed to losing poor Sophie. Reagan had Sophie when we were in the jewelry store, but that was the last time I saw her.

I didn’t notice Sophie was missing until we got to Gallery Place – about 10 blocks away. So, off we went, retracing our steps back to Union Station. We did not find her, so I grabbed a very disappointing lunch – as could be expected at Union Station – and I was so distraught about losing Sophie, that I hardly ate and we ended up walking partway back on our route one more time.

Luckily, I was with one oblivious girl who was just happy to be out in the beautiful weather. And, Tim got home earlier than expected, so we were able to walk back to Union Station – again – to meet him at his train tonight.

IMG00045

IMG00046

3 comments:

Marcy said...

has she figured out that Sophie's missing yet?

Sus said...

No. I'm sure I care more than she does, thoug. I am trying to find out if someone picked her up and left her at either Metro or Amtrak lost and found.

Paul said...

Since you're in DC, maybe we can get Homeland Security involved.